Certified Sustainable Business
Sedona Mago Center for Well-being and Retreat is a Certified Bronze-level green facility by Sustainability Alliance AZ. In an effort to maintain, as well as, achieve a higher-ranking distinction, we have the following programs and procedures in place as we grow:
- We use green cleaning products and non-antibacterial soaps.
- Safe disposal, or recycling, of electronics, batteries, and motor oil.
- Overhaul of daily housekeeping procedures where guest room cleaning is currently done every other day.
- Continual evolution toward a fully green pest-control program.
- Use of low-flow water fixtures and efficient irrigation.
- Use compost for biodegradable kitchen scraps.
- Sustainability-related certifications for products used (example: fish certified by Monterey Bay Aquarium, 80-85% organic produce usage, etc.).
- All outdoor lighting is in compliance with the International Dark-Sky Association guidelines. -Recycling of papers, cardboard, cans, and glass through a service that has at least an 80% recovery rate.
- Land is largely untouched and landscaped with native species.