Tao Fellowship Volunteer Program’s Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drug Policy.
Tao Fellowship’s Volunteer Program supports a holistic health environment. As such, volunteers are not permitted to consume alcohol in the premises of Tao Fellowship. Illegal or illicit drug use or sale is strictly prohibited. Smoking, drinking alcohol and eating meat is not permitted in the entire premises of Tao Fellowship.
In consideration of participation in the Volunteer Program (“Program”) of Tao Fellowship, I, the undersigned, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, agrees to the following terms:
1. I understand that the Program requires references and a background check before my application for the Program will be considered.
2. I understand that there are no medical practitioners on staff at Tao Fellowship. I also agree that in the event of an illness and/or injury, I will seek medical attention from a physician.
3. I understand that the Program is designed for emotionally and physically healthy individuals. I warrant that I have been examined by a licensed physician within the past six months and found to be in suitable condition to perform normal daily physical and mental activities, and I agree to cover any medical or psychotherapeutic costs I incur while a participant in the Program.
4. I understand that Either Sedona Mago Center for Well-being and Retreat or I may terminate the relationship between Sedona Mago Center for Well-being and Retreat and me at any time with or without cause. In particular, I understand that participants of the Program should abide by the rules and regulations of Tao Fellowship and the Program and that individuals who fail to adhere to the boundaries of the Program or are not seen as a good fit with the Program (as determined by Volunteer Program administrators), will be asked to leave the Program.
5. Any dispute or claim relating in any way to, the Program, the relationship between me and any of the Benefited Parties (as defined below) or products or services provided by any of the Benefited Parties (hereafter “Dispute”) will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (hereafter “AAA”) under its rules. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. The arbitration will be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator and will take place in the State of Arizona or at another mutually agreed location. Any arbitration, lawsuit or other proceedings to resolve a Dispute will be conducted on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated, collective or private attorney general action. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, Tao and I will waive any right to a jury trial. All aspects of the arbitration shall be strictly confidential and nothing from the arbitration shall be made public. This Agreement, as well as any and all Disputes, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the State of Arizona without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles. For the purposes of this paragraph, the term “Benefited Parties” means Tao Fellowship, persons or entities that referred me to Tao Fellowship, persons or entities to whom Tao Fellowship referred or will refer me, persons or entities participating the delivery of the Program and owners or lessors of the premises used for the Program and all their respective employees, servants, agents, principals, directors, managers, volunteers, shareholders, founders, officers and affiliates.
6. I certify that all the information included in this application is true and complete and authorize Tao Fellowship to contact the listed references and conduct background check and drug test requirement for the purpose of determining my suitability as a volunteer. I understand that withholding information can lead to termination of my participation in the Program at Tao Fellowship.