Driving Directions & Maps
Sedona Mago Center for Well-being and Retreat is located 40 minutes southwest of downtown Sedona and 2.5 hours north of Phoenix. You can arrive by driving or by booking shuttle services from Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. If this is your first-time driving to Sedona Mago, arrange your schedule to arrive before dark because lighting and vision of road signs when you pass through the National Forest are limited. If you arrive after 5:00 p.m. please arrange for a late check-in with the Welcome Center.
Directions from Phoenix & Southern Arizona
Please follow the directions below for the most accurate driving instructions. Input 700 N. Bill Gray Road*, Cottonwood, AZ 86326 on your GPS to get the correct directions for the correct turn-off and take Bill Gray Road (761); most GPS will incorrectly lead you onto private property instead of Sedona Mago. The retreat center is located about 10.8 miles from 700 N Bill Gray Road. It is about a 30-minute drive up the dirt road.
- Take Interstate Highway I-17 North for about 90 miles.
- Then, take the Cottonwood Exit (#287). Turn left and follow Hwy 260 West toward Cottonwood for 12 miles to the intersection of Hwy. 89A.
- Turn right going toward Sedona. Go through two traffic lights and then you will see a brown sign on your left indicating 761 or Bill Gray Road.
- Turn left onto Bill Gray Road. You will see two large gold-colored statues on your right and the Immaculate Conception Church on your left.
- Continue on to an unpaved road on your right. This is *Bill Gray Road. There will be a brown colored sign saying “761.”
- Bill Gray Road is an unpaved forest service road. The road is bumpy. You may see several narrow paths to your right and left, but do not go down them. Stay on the main road, which is the widest main path.
- When you enter the unpaved road, set your travel odometer to 0.0. It will take 10.8 miles to drive to the retreat center—if you drive 25 mph, it will take 35 minutes. Although you may have only driven a few miles, it can feel like you have been driving a long time. Keep checking your odometer to see where you are on the road.
- Around 6.5 miles you will see a fork in the road; bear right. (On the left you will see a brown sign marker that says “258”; do not follow this.)
- At 10.4 miles you will see a sign on your right for Sacred Mesa Trail. You will start to see the retreat center in the distance on your left.
- At 10.8 miles you will see a sign on your right for Ilchi Road. Turn left at this sign, cross the cattle guard, and go approximately 1,000 feet to the Sedona Mago’s main gated entrance. You will see a call box on your left. Push the “CALL” button or buzz the Welcome Center’s attendant.
- Once the attendant lets you in, make a sharp left, and follow the signs to registration.”. If the gate is open please proceed to the welcome center for check-in. If the gate is closed. You will see a call box on your left. Continue with the rest of the statement.
Directions from Flagstaff & Northern Arizona
- Take 89A South through Sedona, OR, take I-17 south from Flagstaff to the Sedona exit (for Hwy. 179); follow 179 into Sedona and turn left onto Hwy. 89A (going toward Cottonwood).
- Follow Hwy. 89A through Sedona until you see a brown sign for 761 or Bill Gray Road on your right side.
- Turn right onto Bill Gray Road.
- From this point, follow the directions on how to drive down *Bill Gray Road.
*Bill Gray Road
(Forest Service Road 761)
Driving down Bill Gray Road for the first time can be challenging; however, it can also be an invigorating experience. Let yourself flow with the natural vibration of the drive and take in the beautiful scenery around you.