2020 Prickly Pear
Sedona Mago Retreat Center Prickly Pear
On the Sedona Mago Retreat Center 173-acre campus we have our very own organic garden. In this garden we grow the succulent prickly pear cactus that grows delightful berries which we harvest every year. This years’ harvest produced some of the best ever fruits for our Sedona Mago Prickly Pear Nectar and Prickly Pear Jam.
We would like to share this with you and your family and are offering a special basket for the 2020 Holiday Season.
Experience the Power of Mago’s Prickly Pears
Prickly Pear Recipes
Prickly Pear Almond Balls
1/2 cup Prickly Pear Fruit Spread
6 medjool dates
2 cups raw almonds
optional: 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
– Add Sedona Mago Prickly Pear Fruit Spread and dates to a food processor and process until smooth
– Add in almonds and process until mixture is broken down completely and when pressed together it holds its shape.
– If mixture is too sticky to roll into balls, place in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
– Roll into ping pong-sized balls
– Roll balls in coconut if used
Place in freezer for 30 mins to harden.
Store in fridge and remove when ready to eat.
Prickly Pear Lemonade
6 cups of water
1 cup of sugar
2 Tbs. of Sedona Mago Prickly Pear Nectar
Lemon or strawberries for garnish
Juice the lemons to make 1 cup of juice. To make your labor easier, FIRMLY roll the lemons between your hand and counter top before cutting in half and juicing.
In a gallon pitcher combine 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, and 6 cups cold water. Stir. Adjust water to taste. Chill and serve over ice.