Mago Open House
1st Saturday of Every Month, 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
Renew your spirit & Feel the Heart of Mago. Our monthly open house visits include:
- 1-hour Tao yoga/meditation class (starts at 10:30 am)
- A delicious vegan/vegetarian lunch (available 11:30 am-1 pm)
- Self-guided tour of Mago’s campus, including sacred vortex sites, Mago Lake & over 170 acres of nature and hiking trails (1 pm- 4:30 pm)
- Learn more about Mago Retreat Opportunities & Programs
Visitors meet at Mago Welcome Center by 10:15 am. Please note: Mago Retreat Center is located at the end of an 11-mile Forest Service road. Please allow for a 30-minute drive from the road entrance to arrive on time.
Cost: $15 per person (for meal & instruction)
To RSVP, Call (928) 204-3391 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located in the high desert, with a 4,500 feet altitude. Typical desert weather is warm or hot in the day, with dropping temperatures at night. Our rainy season is in July and August bringing heavy, short monsoon rains. Year round we recommend sun protection and light layers to adjust to the changing temperatures throughout the day.
What to Bring
Year round we recommend clothing that is easy to move in and comfortable. Layering, even in the summer months, is recommended to adjust to the changing temperatures throughout the day. We remove our shoes before entering meeting rooms and dining hall. You may want to bring shoes that easily come on and off.
Our guest rooms are supplied with towels and soap. Our pool and Jacuzzi are open year round so do bring your swimsuit. We supply pool towels. Coin laundry and dryers are available onsite.
To maintain an environment conducive for meditation, the rooms do not have televisions or phones.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair dryer and hair products
- Body lotion and sunblock/sun protection
- Water bottle
Things to know about Sedona Mago Retreat
- Check-in is at 4 pm; check-out is at 12 noon.
- Alcohol-free and smoke-free facility
- No meat allowed; vegetarian menu with seafood and dairy
- No phones, televisions, or Wi-Fi in the rooms
- Wi-Fi is available at the Welcome Center
Note: Sedona Mago Retreat doesn’t allow day visits except during Open House and Tao Talks. Reservations for day visits on Sunday must be made through the Welcome Center in advance. Please call 928.204.3391 for your reservation.
Getting to Sedona Mago Retreat
Sedona Mago Retreat is approximately a 2.5 hours’ drive to Phoenix and the Grand Canyon. The most convenient airport is Phoenix Sky Harbor. Visit driving direction or the shuttle information page for information on how to get to Sedona Mago Retreat from Phoenix.
We also offer our Travel Guide that provides a printable version with practical information such as weather and recommended packing.
Input 700 N. Bill Gray Road, Cottonwood, AZ 86326 on your GPS to get directions to the correct turn-off and take Bill Gray Road (761). The retreat center is located about 10.8 miles from 700 N Bill Gray Road. It is about a 30-minute drive up the dirt road.